Using the Microsoft Teams admin center
You must be a Teams service admin to make these changes. See Use Teams administrator roles to manage Teams to read about getting admin roles and permissions.
Go to the Microsoft Teams Admin Center.
In the left navigation, go to Voice > Phone numbers, and then click Add.
Enter a name for the order and add a description.
On the Location and quantity page, do the following:
- Under Country or region, select a country or region.
- Under Number type, select User (subscriber).
- Under Location, select a location. If you need to create a new location, click Add a location.
- Under Area code, select an area code.
- Under Quantity, enter the number of numbers that you want for your organization, and then click Next to select your numbers.
Select the numbers you want. You have 10 minutes to select your phone numbers and place your order. If you take more than 10 minutes, the phone numbers will be returned to the pool of numbers.
When you're ready to place your order, click Place order.
The number of phone numbers for users (subscribers) is equal to the total number of Domestic Calling Plan and/or Domestic and International Calling Plan licenses you have assigned multiplied by 1.1, plus 10 additional phone numbers. For example, if you have 50 users in total with a Domestic Calling Plan and/or Domestic and International Calling Plan, you can acquire 65 phone numbers (50 x 1.1 + 10). For details, see How many phone numbers can you get?. If you need to get more phone numbers than this, contact Support Contact for Business Products - Admin Help.
Please sign in to leave a comment.