If you recently purchased a Windows 10/11 Home to Pro upgrade product key and you are getting an error when trying to do the upgrade using that key, you can follow the steps below to successfully run the upgrade:
- Disconnect your computer from Internet. Turned off Wi-Fi connection or unplugged the ethernet cable.
After that in:
Windows 10: Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Activation
Windows 11: Select the Start button, and then select Settings> System and then select Activation
Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Generic Windows 10 Pro product key.
Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The computer will restart.
- After it restarts connect your computer back to Internet.
- Activate Windows 10/11 Pro performing step 2 again and using the key purchased and provided by your administrator or reseller.
Important: If you still get an error while upgrading using the generic product key, there might be a corruption of the OS or Windows user profile. You can try creating a new Windows User local profile to perform the steps above.
- How to create a new Windows 10/11 User local profile: https://support.bemopro.com/hc/en-us/articles/12114275414675
- Create Windows installation media and Install Windows: https://support.bemopro.com/hc/en-us/articles/12116665583635
Please sign in to leave a comment.