Recording owners (either the person who started the recording, or any additional owners named by that person) are the only people who can delete recordings.
The meeting recordings will be automatically saved in the OneDrive account, if you started the recording. and want to delete it, you can do it from your OneDrive account:
Go to the OneDrive website.
You might need to sign in with your Microsoft account, or your work or school account. You can do so by click "Sign In" in the upper-right corner. Enter your email and Password and click Sign in.
- Double click the "Recording" folder
- Search for the recording you want to delete, click the 3 dots next to it and select Delete.
Recordings for channel meetings are automatically save in the channel SharePoint site. Only users with permissions that includes files deleting permissions will be able to delete recording.
- In the Teams desktop app or Teams web, go to the teams channel were the meeting took place.
- From the channel Tab options select Files
- Click the "Recordings" folder
- Click the 3 dots next to the meeting recording and select Delete
- After that you will get a prompt to confirm the deletion, select Delete.
Note: If you are owner or started the recording and the meeting is not deleted, please check with your administrator as there could be a retention policy apply to your OneDrive account, SharePoint site or meeting recordings.